For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the registered data controller is Tremizo Limited, whose registered office is at 28 Moss Bank, Cambridge CB4 1UR. Our Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) registration number is ZA307219.
The Site contains links to other websites. Third party websites should have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you read such policies to find out how your personal details are protected. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these third party websites.
What information we collect
When you use the Site, we collect the following information from you:
- Name and contact details; and
- Financial information such as income and deposit.
How we will use your information
We use the information we collect about you to provide our services to you in accordance with the Terms of Service (including providing any free trial we offer you). This includes providing you information on the possible options to fund your first home purchase.
If you choose to connect with an advisor by using our match form, we will put you in touch with one of the carefully selected, third party advisors who can help with your enquiry. We will not provide any specific advice to you. By making an enquiry you agree to your information to be passed onto one of these advisors who will contact you directly to discuss your enquiry further. These advisors are fully qualified to provide mortgage advice and work only for firms who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. When you submit an enquiry we consider that we have a contractual obligation to provide this service.
Whilst we require all advisors to comply with all laws and regulations, we do not have any control over or responsibility for how the advisor uses the data you provide to them; however, advisors are also subject to Data Protection Legislation and are responsible for protecting and using your data in accordance with the Legislation.
You may choose to opt in to receive additional communications from us and whether you choose to do so will not affect the service we provide to you. If you choose to opt in, you can opt out of receiving these communications by clicking the unsubscribe link in emails. You can also unsubscribe at any time by contacting email@example.com.
In addition, we will use your information to:
- Operate and manage any account you hold with us;
- Carry out market research, profiling and business and statistical analysis including the formation of a view on you as an individual in order to service you and others better;
- Test our systems and develop our products (or any other similar purpose); and
- Comply with any regulatory obligation we are obliged to
We may share your information with the following entities:
- If you choose to connect with an advisor, the specific advisor that we pass your enquiry on to;
- Any regulatory/governmental body, ombudsmen or law enforcement agency who has jurisdiction;
- Suppliers who process your data on our behalf; we will have written contracts in place with such entities which require them to process your data only in accordance with our instructions; and
- Any person or legal entity to whom we sell or transfer (or initiate discussions with to sell or transfer) our business or any part of it or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer goes ahead, you agree that the purchaser can use your data in the same way as us.
Given the global nature of the internet, use of the internet to collect and process personal details may involve the transmission of data internationally, including to countries outside the European Economic Area which may not be regarded as providing an adequate level of protection. When we do so, we ensure that any third party to whom your personal details are transferred will take appropriate steps to safeguard your personal details (including through contractual commitments or other mechanisms permitted by applicable law).
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, you have various rights in relation to your information. Detailed below are your rights and a description of each one.
You have the right to:
- Be informed – this means you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personally identifiable data – this is detailed above in more detail.
- Have access to your information – you have the right to access your personally identifiable data and supplementary information. This will be provided free of charge. However, when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive we reserve the right to charge a fee. We may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. You can request access to your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have personally identifiable information rectified – you have a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. We will inform you when any inaccurate information is corrected.
- Erase your personally identifiable information – the right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. You can make a request for erasure of information verbally or in writing. We will respond to your request within one month. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. For example it does not apply when we have statutory or regulatory obligations to keep your data.
- Restrict processing of personally identifiable data – you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the data, but not use it.
- Port your personally identifiable data – this right allows you to obtain and reuse your personally identifiable data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personally identifiable data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- Object to the processing of your data – you have a right to object to the processing of your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics, as well as for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling).
- Challenge any decision made by automated decision making – we will inform you when we are performing automated decisioning and when we do we will give you information about the processing activity. We will introduce simple ways for you to request human intervention or challenge a decision made by automated decision making.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your data please write to us
- By email at email@example.com; or
- By letter, addressed to: Tremizo Limited, 28 Moss Bank, Cambridge CB4 1UR.
Please include your name and address, a contact telephone number, your email address, and details of why you are unhappy. If we do not have enough information to investigate your complaint we will contact you to ask for further information.
We will investigate your complaint promptly and will respond to you as soon as we can detailing our findings of your complaint.
If we have been unable to resolve your information rights concern, you can raise the matter with Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). They will use the information you have provided, including our response to your concerns, to decide if your concern provides an opportunity to improve information rights practice.
You can contact the ICO at ico.org.uk or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
The Site connects you with mortgage advisors who provide advice and services in the UK. The information is directed only at persons in the UK.
We do not endorse or approve any of the mortgage advisors we connect you with any advice that they may provide. If you choose to connect with an advisor through the Site it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the advisor is independent and appropriate for the business you are transacting and/or any service you are seeking. Any decision to transact business with or take up the services of an advisor is made by you on the basis of your own enquiries.
The materials contained on the Site are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss, which may arise from reliance on information contained on the Site and accept no responsibility for information provided by third parties as any links to third party sites are provided solely as a convenience to users and at your own risk.
We give permission for the downloading, printing, and temporary storage of one or more of the documents or pages retained on this website for personal use and for no other purpose. The reproduction or transmission of the contents of this website is prohibited without the prior written consent of Tremizo Limited.